About Me

My photo
My name is Meredith and I am in love with my very best friend, Brent! God blessed us with two beautiful little girls Addison Kaye and Saylor Brooke. Being newly married and a stay at home mom, is a new adventure each and every day but I wouldn't have it any other way! We are living the everyday life of Gods plan! Hope you enjoy following us!

Followers

Our Family

Our Family

Addison Kaye

Addison Kaye

Saylor Brooke

Saylor Brooke

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Setting a Strong Example in faith

I have blogged about a daily devotional I have been reading before called, " Love Language."
I can not tell you enough... it is a great book for newly weds, engaged, struggling marriages and really anyone in a relationship!  I have enjoyed reading it so much.

Today's devotional was on Setting a Strong Example in Faith. 

The greatest joy as a parent is to see your children walking in the truth. This devotional talks about how this sentiment is echoed by the apostle John. He considered his Believes his "children" since he had been a father figure to them as their faith grew, and their faithfulness to Christ brought him much joy.

The greatest influence we have on our children, family or friends is our religious beliefs. I know Addison already watches and listens to Brent and I so closely. I want her to see Brent and I practice what we preach everyday, so that she will respect our faith and follow in our footsteps. The greater distance between what we proclaim and what we practice, the less likely she is to follow our religious beliefs.

I pray everyday for God to help Brent and I to be the best parents we can be to sweet Addi and our future children. I want them to grow up seeing their parents loving the Lord and walking in his footsteps! That is the biggest and most important legacy I want to leave for them. I ask for forgiveness for the times we haven't and pray for the future.

I could have no greater joy than to hear that my children are following in the truth.
3 John 1:4

No comments:

Post a Comment