About Me

My photo
My name is Meredith and I am in love with my very best friend, Brent! God blessed us with two beautiful little girls Addison Kaye and Saylor Brooke. Being newly married and a stay at home mom, is a new adventure each and every day but I wouldn't have it any other way! We are living the everyday life of Gods plan! Hope you enjoy following us!

Followers

Our Family

Our Family

Addison Kaye

Addison Kaye

Saylor Brooke

Saylor Brooke

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Serving Fayetteville

This is how our day started....
I walked away for 2 seconds to put something up in the kitchen and...... 
I came back to this. 
Yogurt all over her, the floor, my pillows, and the chair! 
Had to snap a picture really fast because her face... she knew she had made a "no no" haha

After bathing and changing, Addison helped me out with the laundry. She climbed in and out of the hamper a million times and unfolded everything I folded.
She recently has learned to blow kisses... and it is the cutest thing in the world

Tonight, instead of the normal small group we went out to serve Fayetteville. We met at a local laundromat and offered free wash, free food and drinks. It was sooo hot and we didn't have a ton of people but the people we did, were so thankful. 


To watch the their faces when we offered to do their laundry, was so neat and pretty funny. One older gentleman, who was also homeless, came in. He enjoyed talking with all the guys. Before he left they asked him if there was something we could pray for him.... and he said, "For people less fortunate then me."
WOW! Homeless, no money, no food.. and he wanted us to pray for other people.
How humbling.
Tonight I thanked God for all he has given me and asked him to help me not take things for granite, like I do on a daily bases.
I pray that we made a impact on at least one person's life and Gods will be done.  
Such a neat project!
Addison had gone over to my parents house because we were going to be longer than normal, and since we are going through the stage of not liking the nursery, we thought this would be the best idea.
When I picked her up she was fed, had swung, walked around the yard, bathed and tired. I love when she goes to Gigi and Pops! :)
We barely made it home before she was out!

She was so tired! 

Hope everyone has a great week! I am trying to prepare myself for the BIG ONE year party! ha
Love,
Meredith

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted. 
Matthew 23:12

No comments:

Post a Comment