This is our 2nd year to do the advent calendar and Addison is LOVING it!
Every morning she checks to see what fun things we are doing for that day.
I also found a reading plan to do each day going through the Jesus storybook bible!
Here is the list of what we are doing in no order...
1. Chocolate Advent Calendar
2. Christmas cookies with friends
3. Wrap Presents
4. Christmas Story time at the library
5. Decorate gingerbread house
6. Celebrate Daddy's Birthday!
7. Go see Santa
8. Send a card to a friend
9. decorate a ornament
10. watch christmas movie in pjs
11. make teacher gifts
12. deliver a sweet treat to the neighbors
13. Night at Grandparents
14. Get hot coco and Drive around to look at lights
15. Donate 2 toys to the compassion center
16. Dance party ( Guess who picked this one?? ha)
17. Bring cookies to Daddy's work
18. Make a fort and eat dinner in it
19. Daddy daughter date night
20. See the Nutcracker Ballet
21. Christmas craft
22. Read a christmas story
23. Bake cookies for Santa
24. Make a Happy Birthday Jesus cake!
25. Celebrate Jesus
here is the list in order for the Story book bible...
1. The Story and the Song
2. The beginning
3. The terrible lie
4.A new beginning
5.A giant stare case to Heaven
6. Son of laughter
7. The present
8. The girl no one wanted
9. The forgiving prince
10. God to the Rescue
11. God makes a way
12. Ten ways to be perfect
13. The warrior leader
14. The teeny-weenie.. true king
15. The young hero and horrible giant
16. The Good Shepard
17, A little servant girl and the proud general
18. Operation "no more tears"
19. Daniel and the scary sleepover
20. Gods messenger
21. Get ready!
22. He's here
23. The light of the world
24. The king of all kings
We may not get to them all but as long as Addison learns the true meaning of Christmas we have accomplished our goal!
Looking forward to a fun December!
The angel answered, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called the Son of God.