About Me

My photo
My name is Meredith and I am in love with my very best friend, Brent! God blessed us with two beautiful little girls Addison Kaye and Saylor Brooke. Being newly married and a stay at home mom, is a new adventure each and every day but I wouldn't have it any other way! We are living the everyday life of Gods plan! Hope you enjoy following us!

Followers

Our Family

Our Family

Addison Kaye

Addison Kaye

Saylor Brooke

Saylor Brooke

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Life

Life is precious. Life is Hard. 

Lately, we have been surrounded by so many tragic and hard things. Friends with babies in the NIC unit, child cancer , and horrible accidents that have happened. 
I have been in constant prayer for Julee this week. My mind can not seem to focus on anything else. I can not imagine losing my best friend, father of my child and husband. I pray God wraps his arms around her and Preslee in ways only she can feel. 

I look at my own life and how Brent has been gone on a business trip for the past 2 months. Tomorrow is the day he finally gets to come home and Addison and I could not be more excited. 
I was upset and not excited that he was going to be away from us when we found out... I was going to be a single parent for 2 LONG months.

How selfish... I think now.
I look now at Julee. She will be a single parent to sweet Preslee. She will be doing it alone without her best friend. I would gladly choose another 2 months over this.

In times like these I honestly question.." Why God?" But in times like these I can also honestly say it brings me closer to God. I  pray i hold on to my strong faith on a solid foundation and trust Gods Plan. We can not see the big picture now and may never but God does. He knows every step in his plan and it is perfect whether we see it or not. 

Our loved ones are not gone. We will see them in heaven again if we have put our faith in Jesus Christ
Revelation 21:4 reminds us..
‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[a] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

I ask that you join with me in prayer for Julee now more then ever as she has to face so many hard times in days to come. I pray her faith stays strong and that loved ones hold her and Preslee tight. I pray Julee has the strength of David to fight this Giant. That she puts all her trust in Jesus. 

We are not promised tomorrow. Life will never be easy. There will be good times and heart breaks, but knowing God is there to help us face those giants and we are able to drop those burdens at the feet of Jesus to carry, helps me get through. 

It amazes me to see how a community has come together in a time of need. The light of Jesus is already being glorified through a terrible tragedy. 
If you would like to help Julee and sweet Preslee, Jenna has listed Many ways on her blog..

I am praying these verses this week for all theses families in need:
 Psalms 9:9 
"the Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble."

Joshua 1:9 
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” 


I ask that you join in prayer with me!
-Meredith








1 comment:

  1. I love your sweet heart Mere! So thankful for friends like you.

    ReplyDelete