About Me

My photo
My name is Meredith and I am in love with my very best friend, Brent! God blessed us with two beautiful little girls Addison Kaye and Saylor Brooke. Being newly married and a stay at home mom, is a new adventure each and every day but I wouldn't have it any other way! We are living the everyday life of Gods plan! Hope you enjoy following us!

Followers

Our Family

Our Family

Addison Kaye

Addison Kaye

Saylor Brooke

Saylor Brooke

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

M.O.P.S

For the past several months I have been attending a church group called M.O.P.S ( Moms of pre-schoolers)
This is a group of women with children that get together once a month. We always have a speaker come and talk about everyday things moms go through. It has been a GREAT experience and I would recommend this to any mom of any age! I have learned so much and God has blessed me with meeting some amazing women.

This past week we talked about photography and "how" to take good pictures of our children.
We got so many great tips! I have been practicing but still not the best yet! haha

The part that impacted me the most, is what legacy do you want to leave behind in your pictures to your children?

I thought about this question a lot.... what do I want Addison to know about her childhood?

I want her to know that she grew up in a Godly household where we LOVED each other and God, I want her to see we did fun things as a family, and most importantly that we were there every step of the way ...from day one!

But how can we show her these things if we are not in the picture with her? This was her challenge for us. Take a pictures with your children because they want to remember you because you could be gone before you know it. Pictures mean so much to people and your children do not care what you look like, if you have no make-up on, or you think your to big..... all they care about is that there Mommy and Daddy took that sweet picture with them!

So this is my challenge for you moms out there or soon-to-be, take pictures with your sweet babys.
If you are not a mom I challenge you to take  pictures with your mom ,dad, and grandparents to show your kids one day the legacy they left you!



This week has been a hard week for our family. One of Brent's friends from elementary and high school passed away. As we went to the funeral today my heart broke for the family. As a mom I can not imagine losing a child. You always think that you are suppose to go first. I pray that they trust in God to get them through this hard time in there life. He has and had a purpose for what happened.

I pray that this is a wake up call- It sure was for me. To know you could be gone in a second makes you realize how precious and short you life here on earth is and what is really important. Our God is one great and amazing God and should be given all our praise. I thank him so much for giving me the time I have had!

My Grandmother also found out she starts chemo Monday. Please pray for strength for her and courage. She is a strong woman and I know God will give her strength to get through this hard chapter in her life.

Praying for you Robyn and your sweet family. I know how hard it is to lose a grandparent. Know that we are here for you as you were with us for our loss of Bobo!

I hope everyone has a great week! Be very thankful!
Seeking him,
Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment