About Me

My photo
My name is Meredith and I am in love with my very best friend, Brent! God blessed us with two beautiful little girls Addison Kaye and Saylor Brooke. Being newly married and a stay at home mom, is a new adventure each and every day but I wouldn't have it any other way! We are living the everyday life of Gods plan! Hope you enjoy following us!

Followers

Our Family

Our Family

Addison Kaye

Addison Kaye

Saylor Brooke

Saylor Brooke

Friday, June 8, 2012

Redo's

I am having so much fun buying new things for our house! 
We have been blessed enough that our parents have passed down a few things for us to use and it defiantly has saved us some money!

Brent's parents passed this dresser down to us. It was his grandparents 1st dresser when they got married, so kind of a little special family treasure. 
It is OLD.. and was very beat up! ( forgot to take a before picture)
So Saturday, Brent and his brother stripped it and sanded it down...

It looks totally different!

Then we stained it with a dark brown almost black stain. 
I am so excited to show you the finished product after we add another coat and find some new drawer handles! 

We also needed a kitchen table. 
With our townhouse we haven't had room for one. We have always ate dinner at the bar with Addison smashed in between us, so I was excited for this purchase.

I looked everywhere for one. I either couldn't find one I liked or did not want to spend 1200+ on something we will have with kids. 

I came across this FB page, Figgy Pudding, She is located in Missouri. She refinishes old furniture and does a great job! I have seen a few pieces at local craft fairs she has come to, so I asked her to find me a table.
 After sending me a few... She came across the prefect one.. it was exactly what I wanted and was very unique!

She is going to distress it black and cover the cushions on the chairs!
I got the table, 6 chairs, a leaf, and custom seat covers for...$400! 
Now that is my kind of deal!
I am so excited to see the final product! 
-Go check out her page! You will love her stuff! 

Hope everyone has a great weekend! 
-Meredith

2 Corinthians 5:6-7 So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! Can't wait to see everything come together in your new house!

    ReplyDelete