This year we started a new family christmas tradition.
A few friends of mine do a advent calendar with their kids every year and this year we decided to join in on the fun!
Today I found a cute Advent calendar and even though we are a few days late, I am excited to get started!
Here is a list of what we are doing the rest of the month in no order...
1. Daddy-Daughter date night
3.Go drive around to look at christmas lights
4. Make a happy birthday Jesus cake
5. Make a treat and take it to a neighbor
6.Pick a angel from the tree and buy something special
7. make a Christmas card for a solider
8.Read the Christmas Story and talk about the true meaning of christmas
9. take 4 of our toys to the compassion center for a child in need
10.take pictures/ vist Santa
12.pjs and elf of the shelf movie
13. make and decorate christmas cookies
14. make reindeer food
15. night out with Gigi and Pop
16. make a fort and read a story inside
17.wrap a special gift for daddy!
Next year, hopefully ill be on the ball and we will start on December 1.
It was fun thinking of things to do and letting Addi give her opinion on what she wanted to do during this time!
We may not get to them all but as long as Addison learns the true meaning of Christmas and the story of Jesus we have accomplished our goal! :)
Matthew 2:10 When they saw the star, they rejoiced exceedingly with great joy.